I highly recommend this to all. (and if you decide to try it - let me know what you think please?)
Grandma's Pumpkin Muffins
|POINTS® Value | 3|
Servings | 12
Preparation Time | 18 min
Cooking Time | 25 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
desserts | Nothing says fall like the spice trinity of pumpkin, nutmeg and cloves.
1 sprays cooking spray
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup canned pumpkin
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
2/3 cup fat-free skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray. Line with cupcake wrappers if desired.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt , baking soda, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, pumpkin, sugar, egg substitute and milk in a medium bowl; mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into muffin tins so each hole is about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
We use both cooking spray and muffin wrappers to prevent any batter from sticking to the top of the pan but you can use a nonstick pan instead, if you prefer.